Operations & Services
Aware Work Order System
Tenant requests are accepted through the property management AWARE Work Order System (opens in new window) during regular business hours and after-hours.
Web-Based Work Requests
- In an effort to reduce delays in responding to tenant requests, the D-WJBA implemented the Aware Work Order System. When the system was launched, at least two employees from each department were trained to enter work requests through the web form. If you are not sure who is trained in your department, please contact the D-WJBA Property Management Office at (313) 309-2300 and we can provide their contact information.
- Requests for work through the D-WJBA should only be made through Aware, and not phoned. We strive to respond to calls quickly and efficiently. On a normal day with no emergencies or extreme temperatures outside, we strive to respond to requests in less than 30 minutes. This response time will vary according to various situations that may be occurring in the building at the time of the request.
- Once a work request is entered, the entire D-WJBA Management and Maintenance teams are alerted via email. The individual making the request also receives an email with the Work Order number and the status of the request.
- Certain work requests may be considered “non-standard” and are billable. For a list of “standard” vs. “non-standard” work requests, including a current cost schedule, please refer to the Building Calendar in the Forms section
Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Hours of Normal Operation
- Conditioned air (heating and cooling) is provided during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Requests for Overtime HVAC
- When conditioned air is needed during non-normal business hours the following procedures should be followed to request overtime air at the current rate per hour.
- Requests must be made in advance through the Aware Work Order System. The D-WJBA must receive notification by 2:00 PM of the workday afternoon proceeding the requested overtime HVAC.
The following information is required on the request:
- Requesting individual’s name and/or authorized representative name (printed and signed, if different than requesting individual)
- Tenant Name
- Floor Number
- Date, start and ending times (Note: AM and PM must be used)
Failure to complete any of the above steps may prohibit Engineering from honoring this request. To conserve energy, please request only those hours necessary and turn any unnecessary lighting and equipment off. Invoices for overtime air will be sent out at the end of every month.
HVAC Temperature Adjustment
Contact the D-WJBA during business hours to report a hot or cold area within your space via the AWARE Work Order System. Please contact the D-WJBA if you do not know who in your department is responsible for making work requests.
- Please be prepared to give the receptionist the following information:
- Your name Tenant name
- Individual requesting adjustment
- Specific area and required adjustment(s)
- Please note that space heaters are unsafe, damaging to electrical systems, and strictly forbidden in the Building (fine schedule can be found in the Forms section).
- In addition, space heaters disturb the accuracy of the building thermostats causing surrounding employees to be cold. If there is a severe problem with cold temperatures in your space, please contact the D-WJBA.